How We Invest
At Spotlight, our investment decisions are driven by a thoughtful, research-based process that is led by our Investment Policy Committee (IPC). The IPC is comprised of our Chief Investment Officer, CEO, and other firm investment personnel. Together, the IPC crafts, monitors, and adjusts our proprietary investment models. These models fall into three categories: Allocation, Individual Stocks, and Tactical Strategies. Each model can be used on its own or in combination with other models depending on the needs of a particular client. At the outset of the client relationship, we work with our clients to build a custom investment allocation based on each client’s personal, in-depth financial plan. During this planning process we determine each client’s targeted percentage of investment return needed, which, in coordination with the decisions of the IPC, will guide our investment recommendations.
- 4 models: Capital Preservation, Balanced, Growth, and Capital Appreciation.
- Allocation will shift within a 20% range to equities.
- For example, the Balanced model can be anywhere from 40% equity to 60% equity depending on market expectations.
- 2 different stock models available.
- Our Buy-Write model holds approximately 15 stock positions and will use the sale of covered calls to create additional income or a hedge against volatility.
- Our Large Cap Blend model is a 30-40 stock Model that is a Blend of Large Cap Growth and Large Cap Value companies.
- Tactical Income and Tactical Equity models that can be fully invested or all cash depending on market expectations.
- ESG models for clients who would like a strategy focused more on socially conscious investing.
- Customized option strategies, customized individual bond portfolios, and reduced volatility models.